Wednesday 29 January 2014

One Dress, Four Disney Inspired Outfits

If you're as massive a Disney fan as I am then you've most likely heard about Disneybounding by now. For those not in the know Disneybounding is where everyday people such as you and I take fashion inspiration from the vast catalogue of Disney characters. While many people Disneybound every day, I feel the best place to Disneybound is at a Disney park (duh). Unfortunately if one is flying to a Disney park weight limits on baggage do constrict the variety of outfit choices one can take. However, while browsing boohoo.com I found what I believe to be the most perfect Disneybounding dress ever! 


Ashley Wrap Over Dress

The Ashely Wrap Over Dress from boohoo.com is a beautiful blue skater style dress in a jersey fabric (great for travelling) and is only $16 (AUD)....yes $16!! For that price (and a 20% off sale, plus free shipping) this little baby went right into my cart. While I haven't tried it on yet (it's still in transit) it appears to have favourable reviews on the site. If you would like this dress though be quick as it is currently out of stock in sizes 10, 14, and 16. Although I do believe it is a staple dress and they will most likely re-stock.

While I await this dresses arrival I have put together four disneybound ideas for the imaginary holiday I'm planning in my head to Disneyland (hey I could win lotto any day). Click the text under the pictures for a link to polyvore to see where you can buy the items. 


Alice
Alice
When I saw this dress the first character to come to mind was Alice in her pretty blue dress. For Alice's styling I would place the white camisole under the dress, in addition to the white bow belt this serves as a subtle nod to her white apron. Instead of white stockings, small white frilly socks with black mary janes provide a more contemporary look. I used a black bag to balance out the black shoes however feel free to replace with a white bag if desired. A subtle little homage to your character of choice is provided by the locket, and of course you wouldn't be Alice without a black bow headband!


Wendy

Wendy

Wendy was one of my favourite Disney ladies growing up, I always wished for Peter Pan to come and pay me a visit. Wendy's look is very much blue and as much of it as her beautiful nightgown will allow. To play off this I have paired the dress with a metallic blue belt to serve as her sash, however feel free to replace with a real ribbon sash if you so desire! I found a beautiful Wendy ribbon to pull your hair off your face with from Little Bow Chic Designs on etsy, curls optional. For accessories I kept them neutral toned as Wendy is in her night gown, so she wouldn't have many accessories on her (and finding coordinating blue shoes is a nightmare). Finally, while this was not in the movie, I have added an acorn necklace like the one Peter gave Wendy in the book.


Belle

Belle

Without a doubt Belle is my favourite Disney Princess! I love everything she stands for, her beauty, her outfits, and of course all the wonderful songs in the movie. While she is most well known for her iconic yellow gown I love her 'little town' look in the blue dress. 

As with Alice I have used a white camisole under the dress to act as a stand in apron. A rose necklace serves as a nod to the enchanted rose in the movie. Black flats are sensible for running around town completing errands. For bags I absolutely love the Kate Spade book clutches, don't they fit Belle's personality perfectly. If that is a bit too expensive a simple wicker clutch can serve as your modern day basket (the one pictured is expensive but I have found wicker clutches in Summer for quite cheap). Finally the key to little town Belle is her hair. Secure your hair in a topsy turvy pony tail (as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfRcR2d7xic) and add the 'little town Belle' bow found on etsy to complete the look. 


Cinderella

When you think of Cinderella you think of blue and a whole lot of silver. To compliment the dress I have selected a silver rope and pearl headband from ASOS, huge blingy faux diamond studs, and a beautiful black and crystal chocker-style necklace to replace her black necklace. To carry around your every-day necessities I have included a silver cross-body bag. While all of this is very in keeping with Cinderella the part of the outfit that screams Cinderella is the glass slippers, or in this case silver glitter jelly sandals (much more practical than walking on glass all night). Because your tootsies will be on display in these sandals you may as well paint them to match with this beautiful silver glittery nail polish from Essie, while you're at it do your fingernails too!


So there you have it, one very cheap dress, four amazing disneybound ideas. I hope you have pulled some inspiration from this and have fun planning your next disneybound, whether it be to Disneyland or just to the supermarket. 

xo
Stacey









No comments:

Post a Comment