Tuesday 30 July 2013

Teacher Tuesday: Plurals BANG

As you may or may not have noticed my little bio up the top says 'teacher in training'. I'm currently in my final semester of my Graduate Diploma of Education (Early Childhood Studies) and have enjoyed every minute of my teaching journey so far. One of my favourite teacher related things to do is read all the amazing blogs that teachers all over the world have written. These bloggers offer advice, generously provide free resources, and form a wonderful tight knit community online. As I have gained so much from the online teaching community I have decided I would love to give a little back through 'Teacher Tuesday'. Now I can't promise this will be a weekly thing, however I will do my best to share any resources I have created, ideas I have or anything else teacher related. Check back here weekly or follow my teaching pinterest board for updates. So without further ado lets get the ball rolling on the inaugural Teacher Tuesday...


CLICK HERE to get the game at my TPT store

First up I'm sharing a game you can use for your literacy centres/rotations while teaching plurals. I created Plurals BANG for my prac students (year one) while I was teaching them plurals last term. We played it during their literacy rotations and they loved it! If you've never played bang before the basic idea is this: the students sit in a circle and in turn pick up the top card on the deck. They read the word on the card and then tell the group what the plural would be, then they keep the card. If a student picks up the purple bang card all the students put their cards at the bottom of the deck and they start again. My prac kiddos loved the anticipation of not knowing when a bang card was going to be picked up, and as they made their way further and further down the pile their excitement grew. 

The game offers 23 's' plurals and 4 'es' plurals. There is also a variety of CVC words as well as longer words to allow differentiation for your students. If you do decide to download the game please let me know what you thought and how I could improve it in the comments below as I'm always looking out for ways to make better resources. 

x Stacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment