Thursday 20 February 2014

Like Death Warmed Up Actually

One of my favourite scenes in The Devil Wears Prada is when Andy (Hathaway) asks Emily (Blunt) how her cold is doing and she replies "like death warmed up actually". Unfortunatley this is how I feel today (and have for the past three days as well).

It all started on Sunday night when I began to get a sore throat and a cough after having a wonderful belated valentines day dinner with the boy (way to ruin a lovely evening cold and flu). I had hoped it would go away before my first day of teaching yesterday however it didn't and I soldiered on with a flu and 21 darling three and four year olds. Today I woke up even worse with aches and pains (this is the only time I am grateful for not having full time employment) and have taken up post in bed with my laptop, a good book and my favourite thing when I'm sick; a non-alcoholic 'hot toddy'. 

If you find yourself in a similar predicament to myself I am sharing the drink recipe as it is truly heavenly and makes me feel somewhat human again.

A hot toddy and a good book is all I need....and some codral

Sick Days Hot Toddy

Boiling Water (to fill your cup)
4 heaped teaspoons honey 
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cinnamon scroll 

Put honey at the bottom of your mug
Pour boiling water over honey and stir to dissolve
Add lemon juice to cup and stir
Place cinnamon scroll in cup and allow to cool before drinking

I have made this in the past with cinnamon tea instead of the scroll and it is heavenly (unfortunately I am out of tea). If you use cinnamon tea just forfeit the scroll (unless you really like cinnamon) and add honey and lemon juice to the tea after it has steeped.

Well that's it for today. I'm off to drink my hot toddy and most likely watch The Devil Wears Prada.

x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment