Tuesday 23 July 2013

Princesses and Heroes

Under the Sea

Growing up I loved going to see Disney on Ice shows. If memory serves me correct I saw three of them during the 1990's; Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and World on Ice: 10th Anniversary (or something similar). Every winter during this period of time, Disney would be back in my corner of the world with a new ice show to see. Going along, eating a snow cone, and getting some ridiculously overpriced light up toy make up some of my favourite childhood memories. However the arena where Disney on Ice was housed was sadly closed its doors in 2002 (and was later demolished in 2011) and so for 11 long winters Disney on Ice did not come back. All of this changed this winter when the new Perth Arena hosted Princesses and Heroes. 

My real life Prince Charming and myself bought tickets for his younger sisters third birthday, however since she ended up on a overseas holiday we ended up taking my sister instead.

Doesn't he just look thrilled to be there

Sunday came and off we headed to the arena to battle the massive lines of people, both nostalgic adults, and excited children. We met up with one of my best friends and her boyfriend before the show (he was just as equally thrilled to be there as my boy was). We had decided to 'disneybound' for the show (as all good Disney fans should), her as Minnie Mouse and myself as Snow White, as I am always told I look like her (or my personal favourite 'you're whiter than Snow White').


The show was everything I remember Disney on Ice being and more (and by more I mean more special effects...technology has come a long way since 1997 you know). It was overly romantic and all the songs sent goosebumps up my spine, even though some of the songs have been redone for a more modern appeal. Apparently they will be back next winter with a show featuring Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan (amongst others) and I'm already figuring out how to get my name on a wait list. 

If you are heading off to a Disney on Ice show, or perhaps even to a Disney Park (lucky duck) I have created a little Snow White outfit for you below (click the caption to find the link). My favourite part about this outfit is that all the items can easily transition to your non-Disney side of life.

Fairest of Them All
Just make sure you don't forget the lips as red as a rose.


x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment