Friday 26 July 2013

Winter Bucket List

Winter has well and truly hit with the storms we have been having over the last few days. Everywhere I look on pinterest I see pictures of peoples summer activities and it makes me long for warmer weather. I started creating my spring bucket list but then thought to myself 'stop being so silly, winter is a wonderful time of year', and even though winter is half over I decided to make a winter bucket list.


Watch a Christmas In July Movie
I love Christmas movies so any excuse to watch them is good enough for me. I have a feeling after this post goes up I'll find myself snuggled up on the couch with a blanket and one of my favourite holiday movies National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Snuggle up at the movies
I love going to the movies all year, but there is something extra special about going in winter (maybe it evokes memories of my Gran taking all us cousins every school holidays). One movie I'm dying to see is The Great Gatsby. It's closing here on Monday and one of the theatres has a $12.50 movie and malteasers deal. Comparing that price to the regular ticket only price of $19.00 I'd be crazy to pass this opportunity up. 

Visit the Art Gallery
I love spending lazy days at galleries and museums (I actually completed a Graduate Diploma of Museum Studies before realising my love of teaching). Right now the Art Gallery of Western Australia has a fantastic exhibition from MoMA called Van Goh, Dali and Beyond. I've always loved the work of Van Goh and hope to see this exhibition before it closes. 

Hot Chocolate Date
Winter and hot chocolate, there was never a better pair since Batman and Robbin. I love hot chocolate in any form, real, powdered, milo (although it's technically not chocolate), the only thing better than drinking hot chocolate is drinking hot chocolate with someone you love. I think one weekend I will recruit Chris and go sip some hot chocolate while people watching.

Go to the Ballet
Mum, my sister and myself are all season ticket holders to the WA Ballet. We love it and there is nothing better than getting all dressed up for a night at the theatre. This winter the St Petersburg Ballet is coming and performing one of my favourite ballets Swan Lake. Obviously Mum jumped on tickets as soon as humanly possible, and I'm counting down the days until I can see this wonderful ballet in all its Russian glory.

Go to a winter Sunday Session
Sunday Sessions are something you usually associate with summer; beer gardens, live music and cotton dresses. However one of my friends runs a winter Sunday Session and Chris and I have promised to swing by at least one of them. 

Crochet a scarf
Technically this should read finish crocheting a scarf, however that didn't sound as nice. I started crocheting a scarf at the start of July and got halfway through before putting it down and leaving it. Now with winter half over I am determined to finish the project so it can be worn.

So there you have it, my winter bucket list. What is on your winter bucket list (or summer one if you're in the northern hemisphere), do you think I have missed anything?

x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment