Monday 24 February 2014

Iced Lamington Mocha

Lamingtons are one of those wonderful Australian sweets that were very much part of my childhood (lamington drive fundraisers anyone?). Unfortunately the sponge cake, chocolate sauce and coconut concoction is not particularly healthy. However being the coffee addict that I am I have found a way to still enjoy the flavours of a lamington without doing too much damage to my waistline. Below is my Summer Monday morning pick me up; the lamington mocha.

Iced Lamington Mocha



Ingredients
1 shot espresso/small coffee
Skim milk
2 teaspoons sugar/sugar substitute (I like natvia because it's all natural)
1 teaspoon cocoa powder 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 teaspoon coconut extract 
Ice

Method
Place cocoa powder and sugar/sugar substitute in an empty mug.

Pour coffee into mug and stir to combine.

Add vanilla and coconut extract to mix and stir.

Place ice into a tall cup and pour coffee mix over.

Top up with skim milk as desired and stir.

Top with whipped cream if desired (because who doesn't love whipped cream on top of their coffee).

This could also be made hot, just heat up milk in the microwave for a minute or two.


Enjoy

x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment