Saturday 22 March 2014

Super Quick Chunky Scarf

I have an on again, off again love affair with crochet. I always pick it up with the best intentions to do a project but get sidetracked half way through and never finish. That was until I made this scarf. As a beginner it was super simple, all you need to know is how to chain and how to half double crochet. There is no real pattern as I just made it up as I went along but I'll try my best to explain it if you would like to make one too. 

The movie is a key aspect...obviously

Materials
2-3 skeins chunky yarn (I only found two in my colour preference, I used the Passoknit Scandy Extremely Chunky yarn from Spotlight)

1 Large crochet hook, I used a 15mm hook which I believe is about a P/Q size

Your favourite movie

Directions

Step 1: Put on your favourite movie, by the end of it you should have finished this scarf 

Step 2: Make a slip knot and chain until you have a long enough chain to make a circle that you can wrap around your neck 2-3 times. As I said I never counted my chains or anything so just play it by sight.

Step 3: Making sure you haven't twisted your chain, single crochet to join your chain.

Step 4: Half double crochet around and around until you either run out of yarn or have a scarf width you are happy with.

Step 5: When you finish your last loop single crochet one loop to attach your ends so it doesn't look like the chain suddenly stops.

Step 6: Tie off your end and weave excess yarn into the scarf.

Super simple, and super warm
Ta-da, see it's so simple and easy!

I do love a good vintage filter, hides the lack of makeup

I hope those instructions were easy enough to follow, let me know how your scarf turns out if you decide to make one too!

x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment