Monday 3 March 2014

Birthday Wish List

March has always been one of my favourite months; the weather starts to cool down, Autumn is officially here, Easter is right around the corner...and it's my birthday month!

I remember when I was little I would find it funny when Mum and Dad would say they didn't really want anything for their birthday, because who wouldn't have a list 50 feet long of things they want. Now I'm older I completely understand where they were coming from. Now I have a job and money of my own (and don't have the desire to own the entire Toys R Us catalogue) if I want or need something I just buy it for myself, if something is really expensive I'll save for it and then buying it is really satisfying.

However since it is my birthday and my family will definitely ask what I want I thought it best to start making a mental list...or a visual one as appears to be the case. I won't be giving this exact list to anyone (I'm still not 100% sure on some things and I hate giving lists it seems so bossy) but if people ask I'll say generic answers like pyjamas etc. This list is purely a way for me to gather my thoughts.





An if you're really interested here comes the breakdown...
 

Beauty and the Beast iPhone case. I have been eying this off for a while now (and have even mentioned it in the past on this blog). I love how it is a more sophisticated way to add a Disney touch to the every day rather than have a cartoon plastered across the whole phone. I'm still tossing up between the one pictured and the one that says 'Tale as Old as Time'.




Sephora and Disney A Whole New World perfume. I'm a perfume addict and in all honesty don't need another perfume. However this spicy floral sounds like it smells wonderful and look at the pretty bottle!




Peter Alexander Bambi Nightie. Yet another Disney item (can you tell I'm a Disney addict). Like perfumes, I also hoard pyjamas. While I have a lot of Winter pyjamas, and a lot of Summer pyjamas I don't have many transitional pyjamas. This long sleeved nightie, with pink lace, a girly floral print and a Bambi and Thumper appliqué looks like it will do a wonderful job of keeping me snuggly on those not quite hot but not quite cold Autumn nights. PS Peter Alexander does the best pyjamas ever!


Rebecca Minkoff Affair Quilted Shoulder Bag. There is something so classic about a quilted bag,  even better; a black quilted bag. Recently I have come to the realisation that all my black bags are big and slouchy, which isn't always the best when I want to go somewhere nice. This bag would be a cherished addition to my wardrobe.


Lush Bath Products. I love taking long bubble baths, and have made a resolution to take more time for myself and these little rituals this year. Fizzbanger smells like toffee apple (perfect for Autumn) and has been on my must try list for a while now.


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me. Mindy Kaling is a comedic genius (if you haven't seen The Mindy Project yet you should drop everything and do that right now). I have been eyeing her book off for a while but am on a 'no buying new books until I have read all of mine' kick. However I'm not against other people buying me books...


Emerald Statement Necklace. I love a good statement necklace and have a feeling I will be wearing a lot of emerald green this winter, this necklace would be a perfect complement to some outfits that are in planning.


Babyliss Hot Rollers. I have always had a fascination with curly hair. Unfortunately apart from a slight wave at the end of my hair, all I have to work with is thick, heavy, straight hair. Not only does this render curling irons useless (they either take forever, or the curl falls out within an hour), but it also means that I don't get a lot of volume in my hair as it is being pulled downwards by its own weight. I used to have hot rollers back in high school however could never get them to work. Recently though I met up with a friend who had styled her hair with hot rollers and I am beginning to reconsider them. 


Yay you made it to the end! Please remember that I in no way expect to get these things for my birthday (I would be just as happy to spend the day with those who matter most to me). However there is a more than likely chance I will buy some of these things for myself, because I believe in always celebrating yourself on your birthday. 

x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment